The IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the customer face of the Global IT team. The BRM will define the demand for IT services in line with the Process, Data and Technology (PDT) strategy for the business unit they are supporting. They will be responsible to support the delivery of consistent end-to-end IT services, in line with the Business IT budget. They will do this through management of the portfolio of projects and service levels with regional delivery teams and 3rd party service providers. In order to bring competitive advantage to the business through IT solutions, the BRM will provide industry perspectives and innovative solutions to the business, aligned with enterprise architecture frameworks.
Overall this position ensures client satisfaction at the business level is met. This includes: strategy planning and portfolio management, business partnering, relationship & service management.
30% Business Partnering
- Partners with IT Leadership, using deep IT knowledge and broad business knowledge, to develop and maintain a highly diversified portfolio of services and solutions. Ensures integration across process, data, and technology for all solutions.
- Provides central oversight of budget, risk management, strategic alignment of IT investments, demand and investment management.
- Applies deep understanding of business partnering practices and procedures in leading the definition and execution of effective IT demand. Develops a deep understanding of business processes, pain points, needs, etc.
- Educates business on process to regularly identify and evaluate events that could affect business performance while keeping alignment with Cargill policies.
- Links business/marketplace trends with technology impacts on the business; communicates impacts to the business.
- Acts as thought advisor to business leadership members to pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvements across the business. Analyzes process breakdowns to ensure lessons are learned. Drives efficiencies with the regional delivery organizations.
- Acts as a strategic counselor and advisor within the business to ensure successful introduction of new solutions, technologies, and applications to enable business processes.
30% Relationship and Service Management
- Promotes collaboration across the IT delivery teams and other BRMs to provide first class IT services to the business as one Global IT organization.
- Creates a shared mindset and establishes contractual agreements (SLAs) with business leadership that specify expected outcomes, deliverables, and terms of engagement.
- Integrates qualitative and quantitative metrics to create reports and scorecards for use in decision support.
- Manages the IT budget for the business while sharing the value of IT services with stakeholders.
- Expands and monitors integration across processes, data, and technology for all solutions in the business and those defined for the portfolio of services.
- Builds and maintains a sustainable business relationship with business leaders as well as other corporate executives where appropriate.
20% Strategy Planning
- Leads and provides broad guidance to the medium-long term business IT strategy and ensures overall alignment with business and PDT strategies.
- Acts as a strategic advisor, leveraging industry trends for business partnering activities, while communicating the vision and strategic direction for delivery and investment of IT services and solutions.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends to identify business problems that could benefit from a technology solution and opportunities to improve technology productivity and efficiency.
- Identifies internal and external technology initiatives/trends that could affect the business and its ability to manage within its risk appetite. Facilitates an acceptable balance of risk and rewards by communicating tradeoffs to business leadership.
20% Portfolio Management
- Maximizes value to the business for the IT spend.
- Ensures business projects are added to the Global IT Portfolio so they are visible and aligned to Global IT.
- Leads the definition of effective governance mechanisms for a portfolio of services and solutions.
- Ensures the adoption and consistent use of processes and metrics.
- Prepares realistic estimates of resource requirements and timelines needed to accomplish IT services and solutions.
- Defines business requirements for all new initiatives. Discovers project opportunities and their overall concept, scope, sponsorship and value opportunity. Partners with IT internal/external suppliers to search for adequate solution.
- Monitors execution of projects by internal/external vendors. Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward.
- Partners with business to make investment and divestiture decisions within the portfolio.