JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Generalist II- Site/Sub Regional will provide a full range of professional services inclusive of health and safety, environment and process safety and will direct and oversee execution of programs for a group of sites and sub regions. This role will work directly with site leaders, sub regional leaders and employees to ensure environmental health and safety excellence and enable a ZERO Harm Culture.
- Partner with site leaders, sub regional leaders and operations to execute programs and manage risk at the sites.
- Act as the lead or technical expert and build capabilities at the sites and sub regions to execute requirements and resolve specific challenges and issues.
- Ensure full compliance and conformance to applicable laws related to State, Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Identify and prioritize critical gaps and risks, and develop strategy and action plans to improve environmental health and safety programs, processes and systems inclusive of health and safety, environment and process safety.
- Promote a strong environmental health and safety culture in the sites and sub regions by building a mindset where the cultural changes necessary are viewed as possible and essential to success.
- Deliver training programs on a defined frequency to all applicable levels of the organization. Review effectiveness of the training plan and adjust accordingly
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned