AccountAccountability Category #1: PERFORM PREVENTION ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE RESOLUTION
- Assumes ultimate accountability for compliance to all Food Safety and Quality regulations, policies, standards and practices across a facility with moderate FSQR complexity and risk.
- Analyzes, reviews and interprets FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards for a location with moderate FSQR complexity.
- Implements predefined FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards across a manufacturing facility with moderate FSQR complexity
- Monitors regulatory activities and ensures plant compliance with regulatory food safety & sanitation standards.
- May act as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities at a local level on issues of moderate complexity.
- May actively participate and/or play a leadership role in trade associations. May participate in external FSQR policy development on issues of moderate complexity
- Plans, coordinates and directs all quality, regulatory and food safety programs and Management Of Change programs (MOC) within one or more locations of moderate FSQR risk and complexity
Accountability Category #2: DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT AND ASSESS PROCESS/ SYSTEMS
- Acts as an interface between the customer and the moderately complex facility to review product performance, conduct quality and food safety audits, review 3rd party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints
- Proactively identifies and anticipate potential risk and takes action to prevent food safety/quality issues across a location with moderate FSQR complexity
- Directs the completion of audits across a location with moderate FSQR complexity to identify and proactively address risk areas.
Accountability Category #3: COLLECT AND ANALYZE DATA, DOCUMENT RESULTS
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes, plant design and customer focus for facilities with moderate FSQR risk
- Establish, analysis and control performance of processes.
Accountability Category #4: SHAPE FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY AND REGULATORY CULTURE/ REPUTATION
- Interfaces with Managers and Directors within the BU and represents FSQR as part of the location management team for a location with moderate FSQR risk and complexity. Collaborates with FSQR peers
- Acts as a liaison between customer and operations to ensure the customer’s quality standards and expectations are met for a location with moderate FSQR complexity
- Builds and develops an effective, competent and engaged workforce in the facility FSQR organization.
- Leads implementation of Business Unit strategy to ensure a highly engaged FSQR workforce. Modifies strategy as appropriate for location.
Accountability Category #5: PEOPLE/ RESOURCE/ BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Leads talent management of employees in the FSQR organization for a facility with a moderate number of FSQR resources.
- Accountable for the selection, training development, performance management, staff organization and engagement of a moderate number of direct reports and oversees the same activities for indirect reports
- Develops and implements a short range, (tactical) FSQR business plan in alignment with BU and local requirements for a location with moderate FSQR complexity and risk.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of location FSQR initiatives and budgets.
- Provides input to location leaders related to base and non-base capital expenditures necessary for achieving/maintaining industry leadership position in the Food Safety area
Bachelor's degree In science, microbiology, quality assurance or other applicable field
Department Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisors,
Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Specialists and Associates
- Experience + 5 year in Food safety, Food quality controls, and Food quality assurance
- Supervising, coaching and leading people
- Working for multi-national company
- Working for Food/ Feed manufacturing
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- Problem solving – identify root cause and working to create solutions
- Influencing (negotiating) others on own team and across departments
- CAN and Local Food safety compliance
- English language
- Bottom up and Top down Communication
- Training & People developing
- Change management