Responsible for applying strongly and deeply scientific understanding of quality assurance and food/feed safety technology and processes across the Business or location in the following areas of focus: testing and auditing process documentation, data collection and analysis, and facilitating knowledge transfer. Provides solutions to less complex food safety and/or quality issues/concerns across the Business or location.
25% PERFORM PREVENTION ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE RESOLUTION
- Conducts complex testing and auditing of products/ ingredients/ suppliers to ensure compliance to government, customer and Cargill standards on food/feed safety and quality (e.g., carcass mapping, moisture levels, supplier audits, corporate food safety audits, labeling).
- Independently inspects plant operations environment and equipment to ensure compliance with quality and food/feed safety standards.
- Upon request of Regional FSQR Lead, independently designs and conducts complex laboratory trials and performs troubleshooting activities, which will provide knowledge and add value to Cargill and our Customers/Suppliers products, processes and equipment.
- Addresses any issues of non-compliance or non-conformance to food safety/quality standards with the appropriate level of urgency. Notify and work with Cross-Functional Teams (e.g., Sales, Operations, Technology, FSQR) as appropriate.
25% DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT AND ASSESS PROCESS / SYSTEMS
- Independently performs ongoing assessment of complex quality assurance systems, equipment and parameters (e.g., calibration, oversight of testing performed, procedures, instrumentation). Ensures accuracy of all systems, equipment and parameters used.
25% COLLECT AND ANALYZE DATA, DOCUMENT RESULTS
- Ensures audit and test data/results are documented accurately and appropriately in the correct Information Management Systems.
- Organizes and maintains accurate and pertinent data (e.g., spreadsheets, graphs, and reports) to assure that processes and products, and any changes, are controlled. Maintains and improve systems/techniques for reporting data across functional areas.
- Provides support to the customer and supplier communication process (e.g., written, verbal, survey’s) related to quality and food/feed safety.
- Documents and reports findings on complex experiments which provides knowledge and adds value to Cargill and Customers/Suppliers products, processes and equipment.
- Oversees the customer and supplier communication process (e.g., written, verbal, survey’s) related to quality and food/feed safety.
25% SHAPE FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY AND REGULATORY CULTURE / REPUTATION
- Assists in the design and delivery of training materials for internal FSQR specialists and operations employees at various levels in the organization related to food/feed safety and quality issues, practices and risks. Promotes the development of food safety mentality/ culture.
- Proactively and independently, improves professional competency related to food/feed safety and/or quality specialty area. Transfer knowledge to cross-functional teams (operations, FSQR, Technology) across location
- Designs complex training materials and delivers training solutions to internal FSQR and operations employees at various levels in the organization related to food/feed safety and quality issues, practices and risks. Promotes the development of food safety mentality/ culture.
- Proactively and independently, improves professional competency related to food/feed safety and/or quality specialty area. Transfer knowledge to cross-functional teams (operations, FSQR, Technology) across Business or organization.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Typically Requires Advanced Degree in applicable enabling science microbiology, quality assurance or other applicable field
- Strong and deep knowledge FSQR
- Understand market, commercial, quality development, and negotiations.
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Commercial Agreements/Legal/Regulatory knowledge
- Process Excellence skills & experience
- Experience in productivity improvement and quality improvement
- Self motivated and self management. Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experienced in continuous improvement, agriculture, food or FMCG is a plus.