This position is a key leadership role on the production team, working closely with Team to produce the products to serve customer in time with right quality, safety & overall tactical operations for all production/operation processes for an optimal plant. Support directly to Plant Manager to ensure all areas of responsibilities met with BU/ standards for environment, health, safety, quality, operational effectiviness & financial performance.
1. PRODUCTION SAFETY - 30%
- Implements & monitors employees feed safety program & goals met with business & plant operation. Be accountable for monitoring all internal/ external operation / regulatory procedures on employees safety including executing in corporate environment , health & safety (EHS) aliment, Food safety & quality regulation (FSQR) & governmental regulations as well.
- Ensures all regulations followed & reported accurately & timely:
- Champions a culture of zero injuries & fatalities.
- Reduces & protectively avoids the environmental impacts & potential risk in the business.
- Be accountable for eliminating risks in products from HACCP requirements & requirements in the process.
- Trains/ educates workforce in food/ feed processes & safety inspections & housekeeping/ 5S audits.
- Consolidates & supports the aggregate evidences for analyzing EHS/ FSQR data to identify the risks & recommending.
- Joins in EHS audits & leads to improvements in production / operation.
- Supports & participates in the community relation when needed & aligned with Cargill’s corporate & business interest.
- Apply the best practices in improving the plant safety (EHS).
2. PRODUCTION CUSTOMERS, QUALITY & RELIABILITY - 25%
- Executes on day–to–day operational priorities for the plant operation. Monitors production, quality management in delivering to ensure the customers’ expectation based on the requirements & specifications.
- Collaborates, supports logistics, sales, supply chain in the customers meeting. Be accountable for ensuring the costumers’ feedback on time.
- Develops, implements performance metrics for capturing, monitoring & reporting on the effectiveness in the quality programs.
- Partners with Others (Engineering, FSQR, Sales, customer service, Technology, registration, warehouse, planning,…) to define, adapt & motor performance indicators in quality to customers & recommend to areas for the further improvements & innovations.
- Supports the business in understanding how production/ operation performance impacts to the internal/ external customers.
- Apply the best practices & do the continuous improvements in the production/ operation.
3. PRODUCTION FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE/ CAPITAL EFFECTIVENESS - 10%
- Assists on capital & operational budget planning for the plant operation to meet the set indicators for the performance to business.
- Controls the monthly budget accordingly based on the monthly volume, supports Plant Manager in the cost control.
- Partners with Others to have the overview of the plant operation. Supports the deployments of base & non-base projects for the right production/ operation with the less complexity & joins in the project member.
- Prepares capital commitments with direct/ indirect responsibilities for the project works, controls & completion.
4. PRODUCTION EFFECIENCY & IMPROVEMENT - 15%
- Implements operational efficiency improvements with not limited to, standardization in plant information, manufacturing procedures, system, safety, quality control, production reliability excellence, labor efficiency, best practices.
- Be responsive for aligning with overall team resources, executes against short–term operation goals of meeting strategic operation one in accordance with BU/ plant objectives.
- Enforces a culture that builds, operates & maintain safely the plant operation. Leverages, deploys leading operational practices, monitors aggressively key performance indicators (yield optimization, energy, water usage reduction, safety index, quality non-conformance, customers’ complaints,….).
- Collaborates with Others to lead the production effectiveness, to leverage improvement opportunities to business contribution.
- Trains & develops the labors in being really owners of the machines operation.
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - 15%
- Supervises provides coaching to direct reports including Cagill’s core value values & guiding principles to more complex operation plant with the production shifts.
- Develops, implements general workforce administration policies & program in the areas off the communications, staffing, training, evaluation, disciplinary actions & safety. Develops, supports in planning for the future force work needs & participates in employees selection.
- Implements, supports in plant/ BU operational/ reliability/ safety training & monitors employee performance records on monthly/ quarterly basically.
- Support workforce planning & accountable for successful training & on–boarding schedule for new/ transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development & coaching.
- Implements, monitors systems & processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Leverages the best practices in employee engagement.
6. OTHERS DUTIES AS ASSIGNED - 5%