Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
40% Country Trade compliance operations strategy, procedure, identification, develop and implementation
• Apply and maintain trade compliance operations strategy, implement and maintain trade compliance standards and best practice processes to operationalize corporate policies and risk control frameworks to comply with Government laws and regulations including those administered by the participating government agencies.
• Responsible for trade compliance activity in the assigned country as defined in the Global Trade Operations & Compliance (GTOC) taxonomy
• Approves and makes decisions on the most complex issues to resolve trade compliance operations barriers while minimizing risk in consultation with relevant COE’s.
• Develop, implement, and enhance, country trade compliance operations management systems, and processes with a view to harmonize and align globally/regionally for optimal efficiency.
• Identify and document trade compliance operations opportunities and gaps in procedures, partnering with relevant functional COE's as appropriate. Develop departmental strategies and procedures based upon best practices. Execute implementation and training
• Ensure appropriate recordkeeping and due diligence procedures in accordance with all governing regulatory requirements and Cargill functional requirements, including the monitoring and supervision of IT solutions related to record keeping.
• Partner with GTOC country lead and Global Customs Advisory (GCA) team to manage country customs broker operations relationship, including the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and regular internal report.
• Develop a relationship with local governmental agencies in the respective country, in cooperation with appropriate functional areas and our brokers, facilitating a free flow of our goods through the borders.
• Provide guidance to the businesses and local country team on trade compliance operations requirements, data and documentation to facilitate imports and exports consistent with risk-based guidance from relevant corporate functions.
30% Program management, monitoring and training
• Oversee the execution of global trade compliance operations review for the activities managed by the GTOC team, and/or pre/post transactional audits and trade data to ensure data integrity, adherence to processes, control effectiveness and compliant performance. Ensure corporate functions' recommendations, corrective actions and process improvements are implemented, monitored and communicated accordingly.
• Direct and oversee the development of regular import and export compliance training for senior management, purchasing, receiving, shipping, sales and marketing and other departments/functions involved in import and export activities in accordance with the respective functional COE’s
• Develop metrics to measure and report the accomplishments and the value that the team returns to the Business stakeholders.
• Lead and/or participate in trade compliance operations projects and initiatives respective countries.
• Review and/or Develop and implement new or changing trade flow SOPS and processes in partnership with the relevant COE’s
• Support Global Customs Advisory on Risk Assessments, Ruling application, Government audits/escalations. Monitor effectiveness of compliance processes and controls and escalate as appropriate.
• Deliver value through providing transparency of data and consistency in process to enable enhanced duty reduction programs such as Duty Drawback and participation in global or regional Free Trade Agreements.
• Partner with the business to understand their supply chains and with Global Customs Advisory SMEs for regulatory inputs to develop the business cases and propose solution.
• Partner with Regional Trade Compliance Lead to implement new processes and controls for respective country.
15% Client interaction and business partner
• Manages all aspects for regional trade compliance activities
• Develops and monitors implementation of country trade compliance operations strategy for respective country.
• Coordinates the country trade compliance efforts in support of business, enterprise and functional business plans that span across the country while align with regional directive/initiative.
• Provides assurance of achievement of control for trade compliance operations for the country, including oversight for adherence to department compliance procedures, collection of trade data and the compilation of KPIs to support risk management objectives of the functional COE's
• Reviews and monitors KPI’s ensuring accuracy of reporting to internal and external parties.
• Works closely with cross functional commercial management, sales, and customers to develop cross border solutions
15% DATA MANAGEMENT / ANALYSIS & REPORTING
• Responsible for people management in compliance, including recruiting, retention, development and engagementSupport the creation of monthly reports related to trade compliance operations and submit to the appropriate function or entity.
• Support the creation of reports and data needed for VAT reconciliation process.
• Monitor and provide quarterly, bi-weekly and/or monthly metrics and reports.
• Analyze risk trends based on audits and recommend risk mitigation solutions provided by Global Customs Advisory.
• Support Continuous Improvement initiatives
• University Degree or Equivalent (+/- 10 years)
• Minimum 6-8+ years Trade Compliance Experience
• Minimum 5+ years experience in area’s customs compliance, import/export
• Local language(s) in addition to English
• Communicate effectively and ability to influence across the organization and with external stakeholders
• Developing and leading high performing work teams including focus on continuous improvement
• Result driven performance
• Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Manage complexity
• Technical trade compliance knowledge
• Comprehensive trade compliance operations knowledge and hands on experience related to respective country cross border(import/export) requirements including customs and other Participating Government Agencies (PGA)
• Strong analytical skills; experience with scorecards/metrics.
• Ability to adapt to various scenarios of situations and people, including cross-cultural understanding.
• Deep Incoterms knowledge.
• Process oriented and highly skilled in developing process improvement solutions
• Travel expected at least 15-20% of the job within the country and occasionally in the region as require.
• Trade related specialization/ license/ certification (Broker’s license, etc.)
• Experience manage a complex trade compliance environment
• SAP-GTS Experience
• Knowledge of International Supply Chain/Logistics/Indirect Tax
• Experience executing and ensuring trade compliance operations of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) , Duty Draw Back and Free Trade Zone operations is a plus